Many people today believe that God is done with the nation of Israel. That the church has supplanted God’s promises to Israel. Unfortunately, they fail to read the book of Revelation where God sends out 144,000 Jewish evangelists as witnesses for Him. Israel finally accepts their Messiah, Yeshua, Jesus.
Isaiah 43 proclaims God’s intentions towards the children of Israel.
- V1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
- V3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
- V4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
- V10-12 Ye are my witnesses, saith theLord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. 12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.
- V21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
- V25-26 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.
It seems God continues to have a plan for the nation of Israel. This is only one of many Old Testament chapters that speak of God’s intentions towards Israel. When Paul wrote to the church in Rome, he stated, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16) God wants all men and women to be saved. He is an equal opportunity Savior.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001