Join our team in making sure seniors in the Mat-Su Valley have a nutritious meal to eat, an affordable place to live, exercise, socialize and a community to be a part of.
At WASI, we believe Seniors deserve dignity and respect; and serving Seniors is our passion.
All our efforts focus on helping Seniors achieve the quality of life they need, so they can remain in the home and community they choose as independently as possible for as long as possible. We believe, in all things, we must work together, and do our best.
WASI is a fun, dynamic 501(c)3 Non-Profit organization changing as needed to best meet the needs of the seniors we serve offering Senior Housing, Nutrition services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Services, and Healthy Aging activities.
The Finance Assistant will handle a wide range of accounting, executive support, and administrative related tasks supporting all programs, as assigned by the Finance Director. Must be Team Oriented and be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Clean background check and drug test
- Two to three years of related financial/accounting experience required
- Proficient in QuickBooks Software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accurate record-keeping
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information to prepare reports; comprehend and make inferences from written material; interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant agreements, contracts and administration
- Communicate orally and in writing with customers, clients or the public. Work effectively with a variety of staff, governmental representatives, and the public
- Ability to work under pressure and with sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Grammatical, spelling, editing, and proof reading skills required
- General knowledge of accounting procedures and understanding of GAAP required.
- Familiarity with Balance Sheets and Income Statement preferred.
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes preferred
- Belief in and ability to articulate the mission and core values of WASI
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, plan, set priorities, and organize several work assignments with limited supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following policies, procedures and regulations.
- Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Analytical skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Ability to use and/or learn a variety of software programs with comfort and ease. Eager to improve own skills.
- Support experience in professional, social services or grant administration
- Ability to Operate a variety of office equipment
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to pass a Drug Test and Background Check
Part Time you may choose days and hours you would like to be scheduled.
Summary of Position:
The Chore Provider performs tasks to assist a client in maintaining his/her independence while allowing them to remain in their home. The Chore Provider performs household tasks that individuals cannot perform themselves. We have clients from Palmer to Willow.
We are looking for individuals with a heart to serve seniors.
Starting wage $14.00 per hour and mileage
Use the link below to see the full job description
Dishwasher (Wasilla) Please email a pdf resume to email@example.com or stop by 1301 S Century Circle to complete a job application. Must pass background check and drug test including marijuana Schedule 6am – 2pm Monday thru Friday Wash dishes and help in the kitchen. compensation: $11 to $12 to start We have 13 paid holidays each year and paid leave time.