God’s word challenges our thinking.
When the Bible says God rules over everything, that we should “fear not”, the blessings God shows to Israel, the church, and to the United States, then we must ask ourselves, how does this impact me? What should be my response to God’s goodness?
This week we look at what our spiritual attitude should be. We have responsibilities to act in accordance with Scriptural principles. What are they?
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
1) SPIRITUAL BATTLE (EPHESIANS 6:10-12)
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
2) SPIRITUAL MIND (PHILIPPIANS 2:1-18) KEY VERSES 2, 3-16
- Like minded, same love, being of one accord, one mind V2
- Put others first V3-4
- Let the mind of Christ be in us V5-6
- Humble ourselves as Jesus did V7-8
- Bow to Jesus and confess that Jesus is Lord V 10-11
- Work out your salvation with fear and trembling V12
- God works in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure V13
- Do all things without murmurings and disputing v14
- Result that we might be blameless V15
- Holding forth the word of life, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain V16
3) SPIRITUAL ACTIONS (PHILIPPIANS 4:1-9) KEY VERSES 4, 6, 7, 8
- Rejoice V4
- Pray and ask V6
- Peace of God V7
- Think on these things: whatsoever is: True, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, virtue, praise V8
4) SPIRITUAL FRUIT (GALATIANS 5:22-3)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
5) SPIRITUAL CONDUCT (COLOSSIANS 3:1-3, 5, 8-11, 9-14, 17)
- Seek those things above V1
- Set your affections on things above V2
- Mortify your members which are upon this earth V5
- Put off:
- Anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication lie not one with another V8-9
- Put on:
- The new man, which is renewed in knowledge, bowels of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering, forbearing one another, forgiving one another, charity V 10-14
- Peace of God V15
- Let the word of God dwell in you richly/teach and admonish one another
- Do all in the name of the Lord
- 6) SPIRITUAL TRUST (PROVERBS 3:5-6)
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7) SPIRITUAL CLEANSING (1 JOHN 1:9)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001 email@example.com