Every day we must determine whether we will follow the world’s system or the will of God. Today’s devotion contrasts worldliness against the will of God. We each must the decide who we will follow.
“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world–the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does–comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.” 1 John 2:15-17
1. Worldliness is evil in its nature. Galatians 1:4
2. Worldliness is downward in its tendency. Ephesians 2:1-4
3. Worldliness is contaminating in its influence. James 1:27
4. Worldliness is antagonistic to God. James 4:4
5. Worldliness is corrupting in its association. 2 Peter 4:1; 2 Peter 2:20
6. Worldliness is unsatisfying in its pleasures. 1 Corinthians 7:31; 1 John 2:17
7. Worldliness is hateful in its opposition. 1 John 3:13
Separation from the world is the Lord’s clear and definite direction. To be specific in our desires and efforts to be separate from the world–the following rules should be followed:
1.Go to no place where the Lord would not take you.
2. Be found in no company that is not helpful to your Christian life.
3. Be no party to any transaction upon which you cannot seek your Lord’s approval.
4. Listen to no voice which would lead you away from the truth of God’s Word.
5. Allow no pleasure to interfere with your attendance at the means of Grace.
6. Whatever you do–do all to the glory of God!
Strive to do the will of God, as found in His Word–nothing less, nothing more, nothing else!
~ ~ ~ ~
Our choices are clear. We may choose to follow the world and be in opposition to the will of God or we may separate from the world and do the will of God.
Whatever you do–do all to the glory of God!
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001