Today let us look at different types of faith.
GREAT FAITH MATTHEW 8:5-10
THE CENTURION The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.10 When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
LITTLE FAITH MATTHEW 6:30, 14:31, 16:8
- The multitudes Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? (Matthew 6:30)
- Peter And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? (Matthew 14:31)
- DISCIPLES Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? (Matthew 16:8)
NO FAITH DEUTERONOMY 32:20 MARK 4:40
- NATION OF ISRAEL And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith. (Deuteronomy 32:20)
- DISCIPLES And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? (Mark 4:40)
LIVE BY FAITH HABAKKUK 2:4, ROMANS 1:17, GALATIANS 3:11
- THE JUST Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. (Habakkuk 2:4)
- THE RIGHTEOUS OF GOD For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:17)
- MAN But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. (Galatians 3:11)
WALK BY FAITH 2 CORINTHIANS 5:7
- CORINTHIAN BELIEVERS (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) (2 Corinthians 5:7)
So how did my class do in this lesson on faith? Some had great faith. They called all their legislators. Others had little faith. They chose to call some of their legislators. Some had no faith. They either forgot or chose not to call. You see no matter what the group may be, there will always be those with great faith, little faith, or no faith.
So to conclude this lesson on faith we must remember, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)
Have a great weekend.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001