God is good. I would hope we could all agree on that. How is God’s goodness expressed in the Scriptures? Today we will explore God’s word and find out.
The Lord’s Goodness
- Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
- Exodus 34:6 And theLord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
- Numbers 10:32 And it shall be, if thou go with us, yea, it shall be, that whatgoodness the Lord shall do unto us, the same will we do unto thee.
- 1 Kings 8:66 On the eighth day he sent the people away: and they blessed the king, and went unto their tents joyful and glad of heart for all the goodness that the Lord had done for David his servant, and for Israel his people.
- 2 Chronicles 7:10 And on the three and twentieth day of the seventh month he sent the people away into their tents, glad and merry in heart for the goodness that the Lord had showed unto David, and to Solomon, and to Israel his people.
- Psalm 27:13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- Psalm 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
- Psalm 52:1 Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.
- Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Hopefully this has helped you see the Lord’s goodness. Meditate on these Scriptures. Go back and read the verses in context.
Tomorrow, we will look at who God showers His goodness upon.
Have a blessed day.
Tom Stearns, WASI, 907 715-4001