Remember his marvelous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; (Psalms 105:5)
We will be doing a historical study of Psalms 105. Today’s focus will be on Israel, tomorrow the Church, and the next day the United States. Psalm 105 centers on the blessings of God.
God blesses Israel Psalm 105
- a) Praise and remembrance
1) Praise v 1-4 Key verse 1
2) Remembrance v5-8 Key verse 5
b) God blesses Israel
1) Abrahamic Covenant v 9-11 Key verse 11
2) God’s protection v 12-15 Key verse 15
3) Famine and Joseph v16-22 Key verses 21-22
4) Israel enters Egypt and increased His people v23-24
5) God’s signs to Egypt through Moses v 25-38 Key verses 37-38
6) God leads His people v 39
7) God provides food and water v 40-41
8) God keeps His promise to Abraham v 42-45 Key verse 42
These Psalms always begin with praise to God. Then the Psalmist tells us to remember what God has done for Israel.
Lest you think God is done with Israel, please read God’s covenant promises to Abraham in Genesis 12, 15, and 17. God does not lie. When God makes a covenant, He keeps it.
Israel and those that stand with Israel are blessed!
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001