Yesterday I wrote that God was not done with Israel. I mentioned that there would be a 144,000 Jewish evangelists sent to witness to Israel and the world. Today we will look at who they are.
1) The number and lineage
- Revelation 7:3-4 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
2) Who they are
- Revelation 14:4-5 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb.5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
3) Their accomplishments
- Revelation 7:9, 10, 13, 14 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
4) Their worship
- Revelation 7:11-12 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshiped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
- Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
The 144,000 were Jews from the 12 tribes of Israel. They were undefiled and sealed by God. They saw a great multitude saved. They worshiped God when the campaign was completed.
There are 2 important take aways from this. First, there are lost people who need Jesus. Second, you need to witness to them.
Go share Jesus with someone today.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001