O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Psalm 107:1)
We are doing a historical study of Psalms 105, 106, 107, and Acts 7. Our focus will be on Israel, the Church, and the United States. Today we will study God’s goodness in the United States and some concluding remarks.
God showed His goodness to the United States by protecting us, allowing the Bible to be taught as the curriculum of choice for over 300 years, and giving us wisdom to honor and support Israel.
God’s goodness in the United States
- Revolutionary War We did not have the resources, expertise, or manpower to defeat the British. God gave us the ability to defeat the enemy.
- God allowed our country to be governed by the Bible for nearly 300 years. The Preachers preached it, the schools taught from it, and local governments invoke the power of God on their communities.
- God allowed us to reap the blessings from having close ties with Israel.
- God’s goodness comes from obedience to God
- God’s goodness comes from praise, thanks, and worship to God
- God’s goodness comes from repenting of known sin and crying out to God
- God’s goodness comes from Jesus our Good Shepherd
- God’s goodness comes from Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection
- God’s goodness comes from knowing that Jesus is the way, truth, and life
- God’s goodness comes from the Bible
- God’s goodness comes from honoring and supporting Israel
This study has shown us that God is good to those who put their trust in Him. Believers, if we believe this, we should be telling everyone about the goodness of God. Unbelievers, hopefully this study has convinced you that God is good and that you would like to know more about how to have a personal relationship with His Son Jesus Christ.
Please contact me.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001