Did it ever occur to you that nothing surprises God? Or that God rules over everything? Or that He knows everything?
God does rule in the affairs of men. Today we will look at the sovereignty of God. Tomorrow we will look at God’s omniscience (God knows all things).
GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY means that He is the Supreme Ruler who immanently and personally rules over all the affairs of the universe—and this includes our personal lives both as individuals and as a local body of believers. God’s sovereignty is a place of rest for the child of God.
- GOD REIGNEST OVERALL (1 CHRON 29:11-12) V12
- THE WORLD IS GOD’S (PSM 50:10-12)
- GOD CREATED (GEN 1:1) V1
- GOD CHOOSES ISRAEL DOES WHAT HE PLEASES (PSM 135:4-6) V4, 6
- GOD IN CONTROL (1 SAM 2:6-9)
- GOD CONTROLS RULERS (PSM 75:6-7) V7
- GOD DOES HIS PLEASURE (IS 46:9-10)
- CAN NOT FLEE FROM GOD (PSM 139:7-10) V10
- GOD’S WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID (IS 55:11)
- GOD REIGNS OVER DEATH (JOHN 5:21)
- GOD ‘S COUNSEL (EPH 1:11)
These verses show why God has the right to rule in our lives. Please look up the verses and see what they say. You might be surprised what you find.
God has given each one of us a free will to make choices. He has given us His precepts in the Bible to guide us through this life. We choose to follow God by faith or rebel against God and serve Satan. Satan is the enemy of God. There are consequences for following or rebelling against God. God rules over both Godly believers and wicked unbelievers.
Tomorrow we will see that God not only rules but knows everything that has happened past, present, and in the future.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001