God is good. I would hope we could all agree on that. How is God’s goodness expressed in the Scriptures? Today we will explore God’s word and find out. Yesterday we looked at the Lord’s goodness. Today we will see who are the recipients of the Lord’s goodness.
- 2 Samuel 7:28 And now, O Lord God, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
- 1 Chronicles 17:26 And now,Lord, thou art God, and hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
- Psalm 23:6 Surelygoodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (David)
- Psalm 68:10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.
- Psalm 107:8-9 Oh that men would praise theLord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
- Isaiah 63:7 I will mention the loving-kindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of theLord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his loving-kindnesses.
- Jeremiah 31:14 And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the Lord.
God showers His goodness to His servants, David, the poor, the longing and hungry soul, Israel, and to My people. This should be an encouragement to you and me.
Tomorrow, we will look at our personal goodness. As we study this topic, ask God to make His goodness real to us.
Have a blessed day.
Tom Stearns, WASI, 907 715-4001