Meekness has rewards.
- ARE PRESERVED When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah. (Psalm 76:9)
- ARE EXALTED The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground. (Psalm 147:6)
- ARE GUIDED AND TAUGHT The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. (Psalm 25:9)
- ARE RICHLY PROVIDED FOR The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live forever. (Psalm 22:26)
- ARE BEAUTIFIED WITH SALVATION For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. (Psalm 149:4)
- INCREASED WITH JOY The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. (Psalm 29:19)
- SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:11)
What have we learned about meekness?
- Christ is our example
- We have responsibilities to be meek
- It is necessary for my walk in Christ
- There are benefits for the meek
This weekend let us see if we can apply some of the lessons learned about being meek.
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001