Did it ever occur to you that nothing surprises God? He knows everything.
God knows everything about us. Even as you read this devotion, God knows what you are thinking. Today we will look at God’s omniscience (God knows all things).
GOD’S OMNISCIENCE is defined as “the state of having total knowledge, the quality of knowing everything.” For God to be sovereign over His creation of all things, whether visible or invisible, He has to be all-knowing. His omniscience is not restricted to any one person in the Godhead—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all by nature omniscient.
- GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING (1 JOHN 3:19-20) V20
- GOD IS PERFECT IN KNOWLEDGE (JOB 37:16)
- GOD’S UNDERSTANDING HAS NO LIMITS (PSM 147:5)
- GOD’S EYES ARE EVERYWHERE (PROV 15:3)
- GOD IS WATCHING US (PSM 33:13-15) V13
- GOD CHOSE US BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD (EPH 1:3-4)
- GOD KNOWS WHAT WE DO (PSM 139:1-4)
- GOD MADE KNOWN TO US THE MYSTERY OF HIS WILL (EPH 1:9- 10)
God’s omniscience can be a blessing or a curse. Since God never takes His eyes off us, we should be prone to obey God. Obeying God and His commandments allows God to pour out His blessings upon us. Conversely, when we choose to disobey God, He by nature cannot bless disobedience. Disobedience is sin. He will, through the power of the Holy Spirit, convict us of our disobedience and woo us back to Himself. However, we are a stubborn people. When we fail to respond to the Spirit’s gentle prod, God uses other means to get our attention.
The correct response to disobedience is to repent. Agree with God that the action was sin, confess it, and accept God’s cleansing. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
GOD’S WATCHING. WHAT DOES HE SEE?
Tom Stearns, WASI Chaplain, 907 715-4001